On April 6, 1874, Rev. Christian Geiger, a traveling preacher, came to Moulton. He was the first Lutheran missionary of the Texas Synod to come to Moulton and gather Lutherans for worship. On March 16, 1902, August G. Mueller, John Janssen, and John Go. Mueller along with others met at the Methodist church in the northern part of town (near the present day public school) for the purpose of organizing a congregation. The Rev. Edward Bekeschus, who was serving the Lutheran congregation in Baursville, would be its first pastor. The church was dedicated on October 2, 1904.
The sanctuary has been remodeled over the years and Luther Hall was added to provide space for fellowship activities, classrooms and offices. The church preserved the beautiful Gothic-style stained glass windows with their original German inscriptions.
Music has been an important and
vital part of
On January 1, 2002,
* Information above was paraphrased from the Church Picture Directory History Section Page3 (2005).